A great friend of mine has a blog and was reminiscing about The Walton’s and Little House on the Prairie and how people went out of their way for their fellow family, friends, and community. You know what I miss about what that day would have been like – the morals and ethics of people, the value of another person’s life, and standing up for what is right.
While I watched the news of the Nemacolin Fires I was sickened by the story of a 11-year old beat to death, of a three-month old baby molested, catching up on the newspaper and the front page is that of a mentally challenged teen assaulted by the bus driver, and the bad news continued. Monsters did this because a REAL MAN would never lay a hand on a child. They are not stories from another state or country – they are from close home and some in the same county!
I am sick of the headlines in the paper… sick of the attitudes of people… sick of society… sick of people sitting back and not getting involved – PREPARE to DO SOMETHING!
In this story, I cannot imagine that the neighbors didn’t hear the screams (and even admit they were going to call CYS and didn’t). I cannot believe the mother waited 2 hours after arrival on the scene to call. I can tell you the headlines for our home would have been – Dad/Mom came home, saw child beaten, 911 was called for an ambulance and police because the abuser was killed (by dad/mom). I cannot believe that the school system didn’t notice — you know probably why, he was probably a quiet child so didn’t demand a lot of attention and in classrooms of 30 kids there isn’t time and we now only have a school nurse in the building maybe one day a week… I believe that in the WORST way this child was left behind – by his mom, the neighbors, and the school system. I cannot believe NO ONE stepped up to DO SOMETHING!!!
- a man said to be as big as a linebacker brutally beat his girlfriend’s son, 11, to death for nine hours because he wouldn’t vacuum the apartment. The mom came home from work to find her son naked, bloody and barely breathing on the floor. His five-year old brother is said to have witnessed the beatings. The mom came home but waited TWO hours to call for help. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100537/Man-beat-girlfriends-son-11-death-hours-refused-vacuum.html) Another article said Neighbors across the hall in their apartment building said they were filled with regret because they said they suspected were being abused. “I knew it. I was going to call CYS and I didn’t.” (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57376822-504083/cops-man-beat-girlfriends-11-year-old-son-to-death-because-the-boy-didnt-vacuum-the-apartment/)
And there is MORE sickening news. Where do these women find their boy friends? And why is this MONSTER being taken care of with my taxpayer money?
* Police say a three-month-old baby was allegedly sexually abused by her mother’s boyfriend – where – West Leisdenring, FayetteCounty. . (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/02/14/man-charged-with-sexually-abusing-3-month-old-girl/)
So, we believe in inclusion of children that are mentally challenged but we do NOTHING to protect them. I get looks when I take my eight-year old son into bathrooms with me… why do I, because I can’t trust him to go into a “men” restroom by himself. Sick monsters like this may be in there and our son can’t verbalize like others that something happened!
* North Union Township man who worked as a bus driver for the UniontownAreaSchool Districtis behind bars after police allege he coaxed a mentally challenged student to skip school and take a ride on his bus and then sexually assaulted her. (http://www.heraldstandard.com/news/hsnewsnow/local-bus-driver-charged-in-sex-assault-on-mentally-challenged/article_bb58dee3-bdd2-5606-af3d-c03a9ab4a50f.html)
The list continues with sexual assaults at Penn State, idolize Whitney Houston who took her life and gets the flag flown at half-mass, children are bullied to death, etc.
Yep, I would love to go back to John Wayne times – the person would have had a trial that day and been hung that day! No room with a flat screen TV, no free education, no sitting in a cell with three meals a day… Yes, I think I would love those days.
But we are NOT in those days! Everyone has to stand up and PREPARE to DO SOMETHING!!! We have to
- talk to people to not have children, and if they do have children, we have to mentor them
- stand up to people who believe are abusing children / women (and in some instances women abuse men) – call and report it
- keep families together – if someone is cheating, go to them and at least you acknowledge you know it exists,
- start making real people the heroes – start being a hero to your own kids, treat your spouse right, stay faithful, be a REAL MAN, be a REAL WOMAN
We wonder why we are so messed up… because 5 year olds watch their brother get beat to death, children are left with “boyfriends” to be abused, our children idolize people who enter rehab versus people who never need the rehab, children are raised in broken families — PREPARE to DO SOMETHING…
Be that HERO in the everyday life – fulfill your promises, stand up for what is right, if you see someone doing something wrong say something, don’t sit back and wait to see if someone else will, mentor a single-parent, let your family be the model for someone else, don’t walk away, don’t pretend it doesn’t exist – PREPARE to DO SOMETHING!
Rom 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Philippians 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.